Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Concept for Film 4





I want to work within the idea of short film as related to poetry. In terms of writing, poetry is the most immediate form, lending itself to an exploration of metaphysics rather than the world of the language itself.

I want to rework an idea that was the basis of a photo assignment in which I tried to document the idea of light (or energy) passing from the mind of the artist, through a camera lens, and surrounding the subject of the photograph, inevitably resulting in painted light upon film. I did not see the final photo series as a success because the medium made a large disconnect from the narrative of the piece. I want to try this idea once more, but through, what I feel, is a more suitable medium.

I’m going to create a metafilm of sorts. Showing the entire moment of a photographs conception from the mind of the artist all the way to the film in the camera, which forever engraves this fleeting moment into the universal consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment